The Justice Department said yesterday the self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees will be sent to New York to face trial in a civilian federal court.
They are currently charged before military commissions with conspiring to commit the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people.
"After eight years of delay, those allegedly responsible for the attacks of September the 11th will finally face justice," Attorney General Eric Holder said this morning. "They will be brought to New York to answer to their alleged crimes in a courthouse just blocks away from where the Twin Towers once stood."
NBC New York Story
Brenda Andrew is the only woman on Oklahoma death row. She is there for the murder of her husband by her and her boyfriend James Pav...
Wrap your mind around this one, boys and girls. Stephanie Shae Graham was a real live party girl in 2007, Alabama. The 21 year old girl wa...
Robbin Machucca, one of the four California Mall Murder assailants sent me a letter I received last week. I have about three or four lett...